June 11, 2013

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi


Through the Ever Night
by Veronica Rossi


Published: May 7th 2013
(first published January 8th 2013)
Publisher: WSOY
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 352
Source: Received for review
from adlibris.com
Amazon |
Book Depository

It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission.

Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.

Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, can their love survive through the ever night?
In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.




*MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS*
This book continues where Under the Never Sky left. In the first book we saw Aria who had lived her whole life in Reverie and wouldn't have survive without help. Now both Perry and Aria have gone through huge changes; Aria was a scared little girl, but now an experienced hunter and traveler. Perry's new position as The Tides leader isn't what he thought, thanks to worsening Aether storms and harder living conditions. He tries his best but just can't seem to live up to his brother.
The world is in near chaos and their only hope is to find Still Blue, where the sky really is still blue without any Aether storms.

If I remember correctly, this series is going to be a trilogy. And many times the second book is nothing but some "filling" and everyone just waits for the third book. But luckily this ended up being just as good as the first one! I loved the first book and I loved this just as much.

In the end, I had very little to complain about. Yeah, I know, that's rare! I actually had only two complaints: First was about how there wasn't really any recap in the beginning. It had been a while since I read the first book, so it was kind of hard to dive into the story when I had absolutely no idea what happened in the first book! Minor detail, but bugged me a little.
The second problem was with the translation. I was reading Finnish edition and mostly it was perfectly translated and original. There was just two incidents, where the translator decided to use English words. One word was "ignore" and the second "stalk". Believe me, if everything else is perfect Finnish, it's pretty weird to stumble on some English words used as they are!
I know Finnish is hard sometimes, especially when the perfect word doesn't exist. But I cried only little over this, so no harm done!

And now.. We'll just wait another year for another book. So the usual problem.


My thanks to Adlibris.com for providing the review copy!







2 kommenttia :

Taadii said...

Lovely blog. Please follow mine, it’s new: readandlovebooks.blogspot.com
Thanks♥

Monaliz said...

I don't even want to think about how many netgalleys I have yet to read and review.. :S Luckily I'm getting into reading again, so hopefully I'll finish them soon :)
And this was so awesome I couldn't stop myself, just had to read it before anything else :D

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz