April 07, 2013

Blog Tour: 2013 Belongs to Dante - The Collector by Victoria Scott

Welcome to my stop on the ‘2013 Belongs to Dante’ blog event hosted by YA Bound. Click HERE to see the rest of the blog tour schedule!



The Collector
by Victoria Scott


Published: April 2nd 2013
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Format: Ebook
Pages: 400
Source: For review
Amazon | B&N


He makes good girls... bad.



Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence have made him one of hell’s best — a soul collector. His job is simple: weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag.

Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal-opportunity collector and doesn't want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment:

Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within ten days.

Dante doesn't know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of hell. But after Dante meets the quirky Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect, he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector…and uncover emotions deeply buried.


*MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS*
You read the synopsis, right? So there's a whole lot of talk about this dude called Dante, and you probably a) rolled your eyes OR b) was like "hell yeah!".
I was something in between, meaning I casually rolled my eyes a little and in a small voice whispered "hell yeah".
Some small part of me was definitely excited for this kind of dude, but so many times I've been disappointed. Cause many times those badass dudes are written by female authors and you can just tell that right away. Meaning, no matter how tough they try to act, they end up being ridiculous douches, just screaming "Look how tough I try to act yet I wouldn't even dare to use word poop."

And now I got some good news: Dante actually is a badass!! He has a huge ego, bad manners and his duty is to lure good girls into trouble. And he actually sounds like a guy when doing all that! So yeah, Dante definitely can make good girls bad. At least in the beginning. And you tolerate his bad manners because you know he actually has a good heart. Despite the fact he's a demon and all.
So the beginning of the book is all about Dante making good girl do bad things, and that was just awesome. But then came the but. The bad boy fells in love with the good girl, and all the bad manners are byebye. Damn! The first actual eyeroll came when I got to the part where Dante swears eternal love to Charlie. Or something like that, can't really remember because of all the eyerolling.

Then there's Charlie, the ultimate good girl. I mean, there's no one better in the world. I'm dead serious. And she definitely would've deserved some extreme eyerolling with all the charity work and beauty flaws. So imagine my surprise when I managed not to roll my eyes until the whole Dante- scene came along! I did occasionally thought about it, but did not roll my eyes! *pat my head*
I still didn't feel that connected to Charlie, her character felt actually pretty distant and I never really got to know her that well.
But over all, writing characters so good and so evil could've ended up being a complete disaster, so the author definitely deserves the applause for doing such a great job! Not only with the characters, but also with the plot, since she managed to bring some new twists for the old good VS. evil story.

And she managed to give Dante a whole new life, as The Liberator, and that's definitely something to check out!




a Rafflecopter giveaway





About the author


I'm a YA writer represented by Laurie McLean.

Author of THE COLLECTOR (Entangled Teen, April 2013) and THE BRIMSTONE BLEED (Scholastic, 2014).

I have a master's degree in marketing, and live in Dallas with my husband.

When not writing, I can be found munching cotton candy and snuggling obese cats.





1 kommenttia :

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I would like to subscribe for this web site to obtain latest updates, thus where can
i do it please assist.

my site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCkK9-pzu_o

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Mind Reading? Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez Mods Monaliz